Tuesday, August 3, 2010

14. Time for Action




I needed help.

I seldom got down to the docks, but I needed to find out what was happening to bring harbor seals all the way down to my stretch of beach. It HAD to be something important--and bad, if I knew the habits of those seals!

But first I had to take care of Effie and CC Crayfish.

"Effie, please accompany Mr. Crayfish over to the Seabreeze Inn and check him in as my guest.

"CC, I want you to stay at the Seabreeze until I know it is safe for you to return to your usual residence. I have a strong suspicion that something strange is occurring at the docks and I intend to find out what it is.

"I have a friend who knows EVERYTHING which happens at the docks and I am going to talk to him right now!

"So, Effie and CC, be brave and please do as I have told you."

"We will, Constable." Effie said and took CC by the claw to lead him away.

"Thank you, Constable! I feel so much better now you are taking action in my behalf!" CC trembled.


...

No comments:

Post a Comment