Sunday, September 27, 2009

12. Stakeout


In the evening I ambled down to the Opihi Colony and saw that--true to his word--Al the Used Shell Salesman had arranged for a nice shell for my stake-out.

I didn't want to be seen moving in so I quickly backed into the shell and waited for a few moments, listening.

I was pretty sure I had not been seen--so now all I had to do was wait.

I felt sure that whoever was responsible for the peculiar signs on the other mollusk shells would definitely be tempted by the clean white exterior of this shell! Al had chosen right!

Meanwhile I took the opportunity of looking around me.

This shell looked pretty good to me. Everything necessary and nothing unneeded. Safe and snug.

Not bad.

Maybe the hermit crabs had a good idea after all!

I settled down for what I hoped would not be too long a wait.


...

No comments:

Post a Comment