Tuesday, September 15, 2009

8. Surprised Opihi


I walked over to the largest Opihi shell and knocked.

"Hello, deah!" answered the opihi and looked out of his shell. "W'at's happenin' Bro?"

"Good morning." I replied, "I am Constable Crab and I would like to know the meaning of the markings on your shell--and on the shells of all your colonist friends."

"Ain't no markin's on US, Bro!"

"Oh, but there ARE! Just look around at all of your fellow colonists!"

"Well, pop my makas! They ARE marked--but I got NO idea what it all means, Bro! We nevah done nothin' like dat befo' !"

"If it is all right with you, I would like to look around here a bit--there is some mystery going on in this area--several of your mollusk neighbors have also been marked and I would like to get to the bottom of it!"

"O' course, Bro! Look around all you like! We got nothin' to hide!"


...

No comments:

Post a Comment