Thursday, February 18, 2010

7. Find a Spy


"You know as well as I do, Constable , that my cousin, the Crown of Thorns Starfish, is VERY dangerous--he will destroy our coral reef if he is left alone to do his damage! Eating the tiny coral creatures who make up the coral reef is how he LIVES!" Starry lamented when we were comfortably seated on some tide pool rocks.

"I know all the facts, Starry." I said. "But as a starfish--though not a destructive one--in fact a very nice, friendly one--do you have any suggestions as to what we should do?"

"I don't know anything at all about the habits of my cousin, Constable! Up to now I hardly knew of his existence! Oh what a calamity! Why didn't he just stay put in whatever part of the ocean he came from?!"

"Then we certainly need some good intelligence!" I said. "Who do you know that is good at finding things out--at spying--to be blunt?"


...


No comments:

Post a Comment