Thursday, February 25, 2010

9. Tidal Mud Flats


"Albert likes to hang out up on the tidal mud flats--that's where he does most of his undercover work." Starry explained.

So we headed up that way and were soon in the shallow high tide water of the flats--it would be dry in just a few hours when the tide went down.

Starry scuttled around looking for clam signs which were practically invisible.

Finally he stopped and tapped on the mud.

"I think this is where Albert is now..." and he tapped a sort of code on the mud.

"When he is undercover he is very hard to locate--but I think this is his spot--and I have tapped our secret code knock on the mud so he will know I am here. I'll knock again."

(I noticed that their secret knock was the old "Shave and a Haircut" pattern.)


...

No comments:

Post a Comment