Tuesday, May 31, 2011

34. Orders


As the two characters with criminal intent diminished in the distance I turned to Starry.

"Starry. my friend, I don't believe those two rascals even a little--will you please follow the crawdad? But don't get too close  and don't let him see you and be careful..."

"Right-o, Constable--and I'll see ya when I see ya!" and my faithful friend hurried off.

"Now YOU, CC" I said to my tattooed client--you did well as bait for my trap! Now, please go back to the Sea Breeze Hotel and wait for my all clear. It still may not be safe for you to be out and about."

"All  right, Constable--whatever you say--and THANKS for all of your help. I am feeling much more secure and much better all the time".

As soon as he was gone, I took a short-cut back to the beach where I knew my "eye in the sky", Barney Sea Gull, would show up directly.




...

No comments:

Post a Comment