Wednesday, June 1, 2011

35. Go for Leo


As soon as I reached the beach there was a flutter of wings and Barney Sea Gull appeared before me.

"Ahoy, Shipmate! How's the weather up there?" I smiled.

"Perfect visibility, Constable! I could see your meeting with the jellyfish and the two crawdads and I could easily guess what happened when I saw you all split up. Now--what's the move?"

"You sea gulls certainly don't miss much! I think my client, CC is out of danger--and I think we should carry the battle to the enemy."

"You mean go after the kingpin and the loot?"

"Right, Barney! I think we can apprehend Leo the Leopard Seal and the shipment of stolen black pearls."

"Constable, I happen to know that Leo is staying in his (ahem)  secret office under the old abandoned dock. And I suspect he still has the black pearls somewhere near. Maybe we could catch him when he tries to pass them on to  the pale blue fence of whom we know--Edgar Allen Crawfish by name?"

"You've read my mind, Barney, and Starry is tailing that slippery crawdad right now!"


...

No comments:

Post a Comment