Friday, May 8, 2009

Lobster Tale


"Crawly--Crawly! Now that I am very close to you (go ahead and feel me with your antenna if you want to--) I can see that instead of a dangerous foe--you are--you are--just a fraud."

"Well Crab. Now you know the truth.

I am just a blind, crippled pussy-cat and not the strong terrible monster that everyone thinks I am.

I was hoping I could scare you off like all the rest--but you are so darn DETERMINED!"

"But WHY did you kidnap poor Polly Polyp?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm just a lonely old lobster.

I liked to have her around for company and I didn't think she minded all that much--really--until you showed up to "rescue" her. I am very sorry and she can go whenever she wants to."

"And how about your minions that will come to your aid when you call them?"

"I had a lot of so-called friends when I was the toughest lobster in the neighborhood--but
now they have all gone away."

"I guess," sighed the lobster, "I don't have a friend in the world, Crab."


...

No comments:

Post a Comment