Tuesday, August 2, 2011

19. Quiet Conversation




After the discussion with Master Walter, Starry and I walked together back to our rooms.

Before we parted at the door to my room, I quietly spoke to him.

"I would like you to attend the Chapter meeting without me, Starry. I plan to take a quick look around the monastery while everyone is at the meeting, but I also want to know what Master Walter says--so please be ready to report to me the subject of his talk.


"Right-o, Constable. Shall I expect you to come to my room after the meeting?"

"No. Expect me to come after Compline, the last canonical service of the monk's day--which I expect will take place at the usual time-- eight o'clock-- in the chapel. I want to attend that service."

"Me too." Starry said, "So I'll see you there and we can return to our rooms together to share information."


...

No comments:

Post a Comment