Thursday, August 18, 2011

6. Fern Special


 We walked together into my reef and as we passed a little restaurant Starry said: "Hey, Constable. How about a bite of lunch? I'll treat!"

"Sounds good to me!" I said, and we made our way into the place.

"They used to have such a wonderful chef here." Starry said to me as the hostess was showing us to our table, "His name was Yamamoto and he made the most delicious  Bracken Fern with Tempura Mushrooms! They were my all-time favorites, but he retired a couple of years ago."

When our waitress came to the table and handed us our menus, she said: "You might like to try our Special of the Day, Bracken Fern with Tempura Mushrooms

"Our new head chef, Wally Yamamoto, the son of our old retired chef, has just started working here today. He has learned all his father's secrets and people say his cooking is just as good as his father's was!" 

"Wow! That's pretty amazing, Constable!" Starry said,  "Let's try that Bracken Fern with Tempura Mushroom Special!"

"Sounds good." I said, but I had a funny feeling about this second odd coincidence since I picked up the peculiar trident--which I was still carrying!
 

...

No comments:

Post a Comment