Tuesday, August 23, 2011

9. Bahamas


Wow! Me, Top Detective!

And I never thought the Ocean City Police even knew I existed!

I was  excited--Effie was excited--and I really didn't know what to do next!

"I guess I 'll just stay here and continue with the work I always do." I said to Effie. "This is a bit sudden!"

I was thinking I needed some time--maybe some time away from my usual distractions--to decide what to do.
Just then my good friend Ollie walked in.

"Hi, Constable." He said. "I was hoping you would be in. I won a couple of tickets to the Bahama Islands for a two week vacation---hotel, meals, car rental--everything paid, but you have to use 'em now and I can't go.

"I thought maybe you would like to use them? Anyway, here they are. Bye!" 

And  he walked out leaving me with a couple of tickets and wondering what was going on!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment