Tuesday, July 12, 2011

2. The Letter


I carried the letter and package  into my apartment and opened the letter:

 
Dear Constable Crab

I have been referred to you by my friend Charles the Angelfish.

I desperately need your help in a matter of utmost urgency. You are reputed to be a person of discretion.

A terrible thing has happened in our monastery, the Sanctuary of Moonshine. I am anxious to keep the official police out of this matter and therefore I prefer somebody like you to handle the affair.

I beg you to arrive at our place posing as “Friar Crab from the Starlit Crags Monastery, an Expert on the Ancient Dolphin Language”.  

Therefore I am sending  you a robe so you can arrive in the appropriate garb.  I send a second robe in case you want to bring along your starfish companion.

I eagerly await your reply.

Father Walter

Master

The Sanctuary of Moonshine


...

No comments:

Post a Comment