Saturday, July 2, 2011

21. The Cellar



It took us only a few moments to navigate the halls and passageways that led to the staircase down to the cellar, but when we arrived at the head of the stairs we were surprised to find someone there before us--Clarence the Butler!


"Clarence! Good heavens, man! What are you doing here?"


"Same as you, I expect!" Clarence said. "I heard some strange clanking noises from the cellar--like maybe a ghost would make--and I rushed down from my room which is only a short way down the hall from here!"

"Quiet now." I ordered, "It seems the noises have stopped. We may have frightened our ghost away!"

We tip-toed on down the stairs and opened the creaking door to the cellar. 

I asked Clarence to turn on the lights since he was familiar with the lay-out of the place--but, of course the cellar was empty. 

There were some lengths of chain and some metal boxes on the floor for sure--but nothing else.


...

.

No comments:

Post a Comment